Kami Store’s Checklist to Boost Your Store during Off-Peak Season
After the hustle and bustle of the holiday season is often followed by an off-peak period with a drop in sales and demand. However, it is the perfect time for you to start off the year on the right footing! It so happens that we've created the perfect checklist for you to do so 😉
1. Set SMART goals for the coming year.
Have you ever heard about the SMART Method ? It allows you to set the most adequate goals for your projects to bear fruits, to know what you need your strengths on and to make sure your team is heading in the same direction.
SMART stands for :
- Specific: The more specific you are, the better you will be able to achieve your goals.
- Measurable: You need to be able to quantify them in order to track your progress.
- Achievable: You must provide the means and resources to be able to achieve and accomplish your goals.
- Realistic: Not to be confused with achievable ! The letter R of realistic reminds you to keep your feet firmly on the ground and to hit the nail on the head with goals that are within your grasp.
- Time-bound: Deadlines are a key to success. By setting deadlines for your projects, you make a firm commitment, allowing you to reach your goals.
2. Have your calendar all set
The editorial calendar is a key planning tool ton plan and implement your strategy. It provides you with an overview of the content that needs to be produced and published over the upcoming month. Optimize off-peak periods by getting ahead of time!
In order to avoid last minute posts and maintain a frequent and fluid communication, we suggest you use the tool Airtable. This platform offers a simple, straightforward and easy-to-use editorial calendar template for your team.
3. Review your product catalog.
If one of your goals for this year is to challenge your approach and to boost your business, then reviewing your catalog is essential.
Indeed, you need to take stock of your bestsellers, but also of the products that your customers usually leave on the side, and those that could potentially catch their interest. Looking for news products? Check out our webshop and discover innovative accessories to add to your catalog such as the reusable tissue pack LastTissue and our vegan condoms by The Green Condom Club.
4. Build a loyalty program for your customers.
Building a strong relationship with your customers is key in a competitive environment It is well known that today’s consumers are better informed, that they compare prices and choose products carefully, often look up product reviews and leave nothing to chance with brands.
That is why acquisition strategies can no longer be separated from retention strategies. Simply put: reward your customers with some advantages to gain their loyalty and become their store of choice.
Introduce promotions to retain customers, while avoiding a drop in sales during this off-peak period. For example, offer them a 10€ voucher for every 100€ spent during the previous year.
5. Update and segment your customer database.
Though it's always tempting to put it off, updating your customer base represents a decisive stake for you business!
The more you know about your customers, the more you will be able to develop your product catalog and services according to their needs. A good database is a segmented and a constantly updated database in order to give your customers personalised and interesting offers.
Thanks to our Checklist, you are now ready to overcome this off-peak period through thick and thin!
Discover all our sustainable brands to refresh your catalog and offer the best of zero waste accessories to your customers.